This article will look at the Ted Rogers scholarship, eligibility criteria, how to apply, and the selection process.
Ted Rogers Scholarship Introductory Overview
The Ted Scholarship program started in 2017 to help Canadian youth discover their innate potential. To achieve this, the scholarship program collaborated with about 18 organizations, such as the Children Aid Foundation of Canada, Big Brother Big Sisters of Canada, and many more, to reach other youth nationwide.
Since 2017, the Ted scholarship program has awarded 2000+ students in higher institutions. The scholarship program offers eligible and approved awardees $2,500 yearly, renewable throughout the four years of university.
The scholarship program also covers the children and dependents of the Ted Rogers employee. The children and dependent of the Ted Rogers employee receive $2,500 for their first year of study from the department of engineering to science to arts and trades.
Since 2017, the Ted Rogers scholarship has spent over $7 million in awarding scholarships. In 2021, precisely 375 students got the Ted Rogers scholarship.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the Ted Rogers Scholarship Application?
You must fulfill the following conditions to qualify for the Ted Rogers scholarship.
- You must be a legal Canadian citizen or resident or a permanent resident. Also, the scholarship extends to the protected persons who are issued the Protected Person Status Document (PPSD).
- You must be starting a full-time undergraduate study in the following fall semester.
- You must have an admission to an accredited Canadian university, college or trade school.
- You must have gained direct admission from high school and have an average minimum score of 85% in your final year of the high school result.
- You must demonstrate excellent traits of leadership in your high school and community.
- For the Rogers employee scholarship, you must be a legal child or dependent of an employee of Rogers communication.
Ted Rogers Scholarship Coverage
Ted Rogers Scholarship is a partial scholarship that offers recipients $2,500 per year. It is renewable for four years. Also, the children and dependents of Ted Rogers Communication employees receive a partial schaolrship of $2,500 to assist them for their first year of study.
You don’t want to miss out: Loran Scholarships: What You Should Know About It and All You need to know About Keiser University Merit Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Ted Rogers Scholarship Fund:
You can only apply for the Ted Rogers scholarship through their community partners. Some Ted Rogers scholarship community partners are Canada Learning Code, GRIS Montreal, MLSE Foundation, Girls Club of Canada, Jays Care Foundation, Indspire, Boys $ Gils Club of Canada, Qmunity, and so on. They are about 18 in number.
The steps to register for the Red Rogers scholarship are as follows:
- Register with any of the community partners
- After registering with any of the community partners, you will be granted access to the scholarship form
- Carefully answer the stated questions on the form. Ensure that all information provided is accurate, including self-identification questions.
- Complete the scholastic history, which includes your post-secondary education data and the extracurricular/community activities schedules/tables
- Shoot a two to three minutes video or write a 500-word essay on the essay topics that were given to you. Please note that the video should not be longer than three minutes, and the essay shouldn’t be longer than 500 words. The shorter they are, the better.
- If you are going for the video shoot, it should be uploaded on YouTube after shooting it. After uploading it, copy and submit the video link, ensure that your face is visible, and do not use copyright music or video graphic on the submitted video. At the same time, the essay should be submitted in the form.
- Upload all the required support documents such as academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, references, final year results, academic resumes, and so many more.
- After submission, your request will be reviewed by the community partners, and you will be notified of your status via your provided email.
Click here for the Application Link.
Ted Rogers Selection Process
The community partners review your submission in line with the requirements. If you fulfilled all the requirements and were found satisfactory, you will be sent a congratulatory email.
The application deadline for the Ted Rogers Scholarships 2022 was 15th March 2022. The date is usually decided by the community partners and posted on the official Ted Rogers Scholarship Website.